Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Czarnowski

Falcon & Alpine

GT Turbo    5
I've connected my alpine to Falcon and I was getting transfer errors while using aread and fread command untill I've set pprot to -1. Are there any more tips for using Falcon with Alpine I should know about?

Perhaps SebRmv can give you an answer, i use a Falcon but i have never used with an Alpine.

GT :)

SebRmv    2

Sorry, I use a PC linux with my Alpine so I can't help you.

Ok so now we know that pprot is working on Falcon too ;) I'll try to work on it a bit more. My PC I've used to do dev work failed so I was looking for quick fix and Falcon looked promising. It's amazing that Atari/Brainstorm failed with support of new protocol for Alpine for Falcon. Oh well - they used A2000 to develop on Lynx so maybe I should not be surprised after all.

Fadest    0
Oh well - they used A2000 to develop on Lynx so maybe I should not be surprised after all.

:rolleyes:

This was a funny point with Lynx, but as Atari bought the Lyx to Epyx, they also bought the dev tools. As Lynx conceptors worked on Amiga conception, they used Amiga to create dev tools for Lynx... Pretty logic. But it seems that Atari removed every Commodore or Amiga stickers on computer before sending then to Lynx dev team :lol:

:rolleyes:

This was a funny point with Lynx, but as Atari bought the Lyx to Epyx, they also bought the dev tools. As Lynx conceptors worked on Amiga conception, they used Amiga to create dev tools for Lynx... Pretty logic. But it seems that Atari removed every Commodore or Amiga stickers on computer before sending then to Lynx dev team :lol:

I mentioned Lynx on purpose because I think this is great story. Anyway I'm still looking for some one with dev experience on Falcon ;) I already got some useful tips on JSII but I hope there are more developers who used to use this setup.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this