Again Question

TXG/MNX

I did see patrice madrin on this board cool... he has done some excelent coding.

Somethings I would like to see on the jag would be:

sdl port

quake engine

mesa / opengl

gameboy emu

pmdoom/hexen all look very cool :)

I hope some of this stuf wil make it to the jag even when quake will run very slow....

sdl port
With Seb/Rmv gcc m68k for Jag, a m68k version could be done for Jag as a start. Then the video and audio parts could be rewritten in GPU/DSP risc asm for better usage of TOM & JERRY. Definitely would be a huge helper to get some software on Jaguar, if properly done.

quake engine
This one is very heavy on processing power and RAM usage, maybe having a look at the Nintendo DS port will give you some directions about what to do or not. But definitely, it requires a FPU, so maybe the JagCF DSP could help, but not on a standard Jaguar.

mesa / opengl
Same category as quake from my point of view. Would be better to get a lightweight OpenGL library like TinyGL.

gameboy emu
This one could be done on the Jag, even standard.

pmdoom/hexen all look very cool :)
Doom already exists for Jag, so Heretic and Hexen could be also. But I know they both requires a bit more memory than Doom.

What is really needed on Jag is proper development tools and docs. madmac/aln and other old tools are not easy to run on recent platforms.