Jagware
Tweety

Bjl And Atari Falcon?

Tweety    0

Hello,

I would like to use my BJL on the Jaguar and the Atari Falcon, is this possible?

Because I still don't have a cable yet.

What kind of cable do I need, Parallel to Parallel cross-wired ?

Zerosquare    10

Yes, you can use BJL with a Falcon.

The cable is the same as the one which is used with PCs. It's not a standard cable, so you can't buy it from a computer store.

(Some persons used to sell BJL cables, but I don't know if they still do).

Here's a guide on how to build it. (note : it's easier to start with half a VGA extender cable, so you only have to solder the parallel port side.)

For more information, ask GT Turbo : he uses BJL exclusively with his Falcon, because he doesn't like PCs :D

GT Turbo    5
Hello,

I would like to use my BJL on the Jaguar and the Atari Falcon, is this possible?

Because I still don't have a cable yet.

What kind of cable do I need, Parallel to Parallel cross-wired ?

Hello,

If you want infos about using Falcon with Jaguar ask, i think i am the only coder using a Falcon for Jaguar coding :)

GT :poulpe:

Tweety    0

Thank you for the reply and information about building my own cable.

And I don't like Windows PC's either. This is why for my internet stuff, I use a dual G4 Apple Mac ;) playing games on the mac is just Medal of Honor, and the rest I use my Atari Jaguar and Lynx.

But I love my Falcon and would gladly use it a bit more than I do now.

BJL:

I haven't tried it yet, with the BJL I got a small cd with programs on it, is there also a Falcon compatible program on that cd?

I hope its easy to use...

GT Turbo    5
Thank you for the reply and information about building my own cable.

And I don't like Windows PC's either. This is why for my internet stuff, I use a dual G4 Apple Mac ;) playing games on the mac is just Medal of Honor, and the rest I use my Atari Jaguar and Lynx.

But I love my Falcon and would gladly use it a bit more than I do now.

BJL:

I haven't tried it yet, with the BJL I got a small cd with programs on it, is there also a Falcon compatible program on that cd?

I hope its easy to use...

Perhaps, but if you don't got programs for using it, i can give you them :) You can use BJL ST programs they run nice on Falcon even on CT6x :)

GT :poulpe:

Tweety    0

I'll try to buy tomorrow a cable and some parts, soldering time, if I get the time. ;)

Oh ehhh, I think I buy a normal parallel cable and go from that... Is this wise?

Zerosquare    10
Oh ehhh, I think I buy a normal parallel cable and go from that... Is this wise?
You can, but the high-density 15-pin connector is more difficult to solder than the 25-pin connector. So it's easier to use a VGA extension cable and a parallel port connector.

Tweety    0

After very busy days finally have some time.

I received a BJL Loader Adapter, I think the cable has to change, but to what configuration, I don't know yet. Lets hope someone here knows. ;)

I still don't have a cable yet, not even had the time to buy some parts, the day I wanted to do that I was struck down with a migraine. <sigh>

Thanks to GT Turbo I already received an Atari program for sending files to the Jag.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.