Jagware
Cyrano Jones

Superfly DX

Hi everyone,

Well, its the 'day of Outline 2010' which means we can now take the covers off what we've been doing.

ss0.jpg

Head on over to the Superfly DX Website and start playing.

Featuring:

50/60 FPS gameplay (PAL/NTSC)

Full screen, 11-layer overlapping parallax scrolling.

Pseudo-random terrain generator (Each time you play, while the general trend of the level will be the same, no two levels will be identical)

Two terrain modes - blockers and islands

4 channel music, plus one additional channel for sound effects

4 themed worlds to play in

16 levels spread over the 4 worlds

9 collectable items

16 playable characters & vehicles, (8 with 8 alternates for 2nd player)

4 different game play modes (2 of which are unlockable features)

Story mode with set challenges

Intermissions and Game Complete sequences

Simultaneous 2-player action

Unlockable features earned via in game achievements

Stat Exp load/save without additional hardware

Webcode based highscores for competitive play

Credits/greetings screen with music jukebox

Over 30 minutes of audio

The website will get updated with more info early next week following the party, and the store will be open next weekend (the 8th) - unfortunatly the manuals are still with the printer company, so we are unable to start shipping immediatly. However, we promised you the game this weekend and we will keep that promise.

Enjoy!

Orion_    1

I Just tested it on my JagCD.

Very nicely done as always B)

The game concept is not really my cup of tea, but I just love the colorful graphics and the game mood which like all your other productions, is very atari-ish mood.

One thing, I just can't keep my eyes looking at the very nice multi parallax scrolling because I loose concentration and gameover :(

You should have made a rolling demo screen ;)

SebRmv    2

Great work guys!

There's a slight problem with 3 of the unlock codes on the released version. We'll be fixing those up and hopefully adding a few more features and will be releasing 1.1 to the net shortly (a few days).

1.1 will also be the retail/Collectors Edition.

sh3-rg    6

:)

Hope you don't mind a little delay, there's a few things we have to get right. Just shows this is the best way to put a game out, to get everyone who cares enough to give it some stick & break it ;) Really though the deadline was tight & we kept adding stuff until there just wasn't any room for anything else in the poor jag's 2mb on memory...

Get it on your skunkboard & put up some scores, quick, while they're still easy to beat :D

Looks EXCELLENT!

Im getting a Collectors Edition.

:wub:

sh3-rg    6

Hello hello :)

Can people with BJL Jags please try the BJL version of the game on their machines? Someone reported the game was failing on the menu screen, although zerosquare got it to work OK. If there are different versions of BJL around it'd be good to know that it works on all, to make sure we don't have some weird bug. Thanks!

Matmook    1
Hello hello :)

Can people with BJL Jags please try the BJL version of the game on their machines? Someone reported the game was failing on the menu screen, although zerosquare got it to work OK. If there are different versions of BJL around it'd be good to know that it works on all, to make sure we don't have some weird bug. Thanks!

No problem for me with BJL ;)

sh3-rg    6

GGN has been busy & has added a new feature to the SFDX webscores. If you enter your SAVE CODE instead of your WEBCODE, you can now enter your details into TOTAL DISTANCE & TOTAL STARS high score tables. *

As a little bonus, we're running a competition that will end on 23rd May 12:00 CET. Keep submitting both your regular WEBCODES and also SAVE GAME CODES & you are in with a chance of winning some goodies :) We're not saying exactly what the prizes are until the winners are announced. It's mostly just for fun, but serious Jag collectors might want to PRESS THE BUTTON as you never know what kind of one-off goodies there might be up for grabs :D

Have fun & thanks for the kind words everyone, 1.1 is almost ready & should be worth the wait - thanks for all the feedback - we listen & appreciate it all!

* Please keep your name the same each time you enter to avoid appearing multiple times :D

sh3-rg    6

SUPERFLY 1.1 UPDATE

Since we released the Outline party version of the game a couple of weeks ago, a few extra features have been requested and several issues have been reported that needed fixing before we offer the CE version.

Version 1.1 has been uploaded to our site, replacing the older release binaries & a new Project Tempest-friendly version has been added. Links at bottom of post.

The following things have been altered for version 1.1.

CHANGES:

• Code system was broken. Unlocks become available based on your saved game code.
  • Unlocks can now be switched on/off from the View Unlockables screen.
  • 2 unlocks were replaced due to becoming redundant by switches.
  • Pause is now an unlockable feature
  • Kylie mode is now an unlockable feature.
  • Unlocks automatically selectable from Unlockables screen upon issue. No codes to enter!
  • Savegame code changed to enable auto-unlocks.
  • Memory Track support added - detection indicated by "MT" on Unlockables screen.

FIXES:

• Fixed bug where pressing C in story mode didn't quit.
  • Fixed bug where loaded game generated random characters in totals.
  • Fixed bug where Hunter mode showed story mode pickups instead of stars.
  • Fixed bug where movement unlocks only worked in Versus Mode. (Now only work in 1-player as intended)
  • Fixed bug where total distance and total stars would wrap instead of maxing out (99999999 for distance, 65535 for stars) - this would wipe out unlocks.

CORRECTIONS:

• Corrected typo on "UP THROUGH THE MAGMA".
  • Corrected typo on "BRAIN FUSION" in greetings.
  • Story mode distances are now rounded to thousands, eg 5000 instead of 4999.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Sample on Title screen does not play correctly in all versions - will be fixed for CE.

We'd like to thank you all for your comments and reports. We hope you didn't mind holding out a little bit longer for this version than was originally planned (very last minute bug in the CD version needed a lot of hunting down).

So now go play & please report any further issues (there shouldn't be any!), we want to give you all the best gaming experience possible in the CE version.

ROM

BJL

CDI

PT-friendly :poulpe:

Xerus    0
So, err, Atardi & Xerus won the compo - tell me, who dared bet against that? ;)

Thank you for the prices and this excellent game :wub:

What's the best moment for me ?

Maybe this :

GT-Juice.jpg

:lol:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.