Jagware
GT Turbo

BLACKOUT! Released now

GT Turbo    5

BLACKOUT! Is officially released and ready for purchase!

For the moment we only have 23 copies available (out of the planned 25 due to bad chips).

If these copies do well, we will do a second release of 25 carts, and then a third larger release for CD. Followed by the free binary release!

Key features of the game:

• BJL Loader.

Yes, that’s right! This game can also be used as a development tool for aspiring coders!

• Game Box

Printed in non-laminated uncoated cardstock similar to the original box style and designs used for old Jaguar releases. We went against the glossy boxes because lamination peels over time. This release includes original Atari bags, white cardstock inserts, and game instruction card. Each box is numbered.

• Game Features

4+stages with over 40 levels total.

Power-ups, a timer, pumping music by C-Trix, and some goofy extras.

This game is more than just another lights out.

Media:

2dag3gw.jpg

NOTE:

50hz PAL Mode is disabled in this release. This is due to originally starting with buggy video code and finding this out much later in development. Reworking to accommodate PAL video mode would be more trouble than its currently worth at the moment, which would delay the release considerably. We apologize in advance for those using only PAL systems, however a 50/60HZ Mod switch will take care of this as the video mode for the game only runs in NTSC 60hz. If booted on a PAL machine it will display an error message informing of the swap necessary. Future developments have already had this issue resolved and should not be a problem.

We personally dont believe in releasing a certain number of hard copies and then not making it available to download for those that have missed out and causing people to resell releases for insane prices. Hence the free release later on. We hope this helps curb the issue a little bit...

Your continued support of homebrew development releases from ANY group will allow developers to continue releasing hard copies for those that would like them.

Check out website for a Paypal purchase link and please limit to 1 copy if possible so everyone may have a chance. If the link doesn’t allow you to purchase anything, that means we ran out of copies.

Enjoy!!

Stormworksinteractive

(Copy from our Atari age board with permission from Rush6432

Starcat    0

Congrats on this new release!

It's especially nice to see new cart based games, looks nice!

I agree with Orion, but then again it's good to see that the binary will be available for people to play.

However I wonder why 50/60 Hz compatibility wasn't added? Except for Dragon's Lair a 50/60 Hz switch wasn't really necessary on any Jaguar.

sh3-rg    6

As for price - they've said they've allowed enough to cover the cost of their Alpines, EPROM burner and other stuff, and they've still come in at the same price as the last homebrew on cart, so it seems they did quite well (especially considering the quality of the physical production). So potentially, later releases will be cheaper.

The PAL/NTSC problem is an object displacement issue (as I understand it), the kind of thing you get quite often before you get a good skeleton framework set up to work with. It's not present in stuff they've worked on after this, so shouldn't be an issue in future. Can't blame rush for not wanting to go back and work on this further, he's pretty much drawn a line under this game and wants to get on with other things - know the feeling.

rush6432    0
As for price - they've said they've allowed enough to cover the cost of their Alpines, EPROM burner and other stuff, and they've still come in at the same price as the last homebrew on cart, so it seems they did quite well (especially considering the quality of the physical production). So potentially, later releases will be cheaper.

The PAL/NTSC problem is an object displacement issue (as I understand it), the kind of thing you get quite often before you get a good skeleton framework set up to work with. It's not present in stuff they've worked on after this, so shouldn't be an issue in future. Can't blame rush for not wanting to go back and work on this further, he's pretty much drawn a line under this game and wants to get on with other things - know the feeling.

Yeah, cost of alpines + eprom burner and parts is just downright expensive...

As for the pal/ntsc issue, yes its more due to the fact that i developed on an ntsc console and didnt really bother until about 75-80 percent or more through to look into pal :( (Stupid on my part)

Unfortunately at that point ive hard coded alot of screen positions for sprites and while i COULD fix this, i feel since a first run is out already it would be unfair to fix it for the next run and leave the original 23 buyers with a semi crippled version.

We plan on doing some more carts and some CDs here soon hopefully. Binary should be out after these so everyone can play it.

As for fixing though, sh3 you're right. im drawing a line under it and calling it done. we have advanced on to other jag projects that are sharper and more advanced/improved.

Honestly i dont see us trying to charge anymore than the $80usd + shipping for a hard copy full cartridge release. I can say thats the most expensive it will probably get..

Hell madbodies charged 80 and used a dvd/vhs style case with foam.... no manual...

rush6432    0
Congrats on this new release!

It's especially nice to see new cart based games, looks nice!

I agree with Orion, but then again it's good to see that the binary will be available for people to play.

However I wonder why 50/60 Hz compatibility wasn't added? Except for Dragon's Lair a 50/60 Hz switch wasn't really necessary on any Jaguar.

i thought raiden had issues with pal as well?!?

sh3-rg    6

Well, there's the regular version that looks very letterbox on PAL (the version I have - I paid a *lot* on import as soon as it came out ;-) ) Then there's an E-version that is full screen for PAL. That's just from memory. I think there's a few carts with E-versions like this.

Starcat    0

Well, there's the regular version that looks very letterbox on PAL (the version I have - I paid a *lot* on import as soon as it came out ;-) ) Then there's an E-version that is full screen for PAL. That's just from memory. I think there's a few carts with E-versions like this.

Raiden was probably one of the Jag games I played most back in the day. I never noticed any problem with it. I'm not sure if I had the E version, though.

Good to hear that future Stormworks titles will support PAL/NTSC. :)

I'm looking forward to see what the future holds for the Jag. Of course that's true for all new games. :) (Including my own, hehe)

Tyrant    0
Good to hear that future Stormworks titles will support PAL/NTSC. :)

I'm looking forward to see what the future holds for the Jag. Of course that's true for all new games. :) (Including my own, hehe)

You haven't heard all the news then? You might want to go and read the Blackout topic on AA.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.