Jagware
LinkoVitch

OSX Assembler & Linker for Jag

LinkoVitch    0

Hi

I have the coding bug back (YAY) and am likely to want to bring some with me to play with at events etc. However my current laptop is a PowerPC based mac. I have JCP compiled for OSX so can upload my code to a SkunkBoard, but at present I don't have anyway to assemble or link on my mac.

Is there an OSX assembler/Linker out there for PowerPC? or one with source that I can compile? would prefer to run it native rather than add an emulation layer.

Thanks in advance.

LinkoVitch    0

That would be perfect, erm, where can I get the source of those? :)

Cheers.

LinkoVitch    0

Just had a sneaky google for them (at work :) ) and it seems Belboz was going to post OSX Universal binaries on the thread over at AA, but the last post is a few years old and doesn't look like they ever got posted. Did they get made? are they out there somewhere?

Fadest    0

SubqMod site seems to be down, but via Google cache, you can access a copy of the download page, and files are still on line.

SubQMod Download page in google cache

(cf 2nd and 4th "Download" link)

I included both sources but I didn't try to compile them

Hope this can help you.

sln_1.0.0_src.zip

smac_1.0.16_src.zip

LinkoVitch    0

Cheers guys, couple of options there. I was thinking of the dosbox route myself actually :)

Want to steer clear of any old skool methods due to the added faff :)

Cheers Fadest, I will have a stab at compiling them and see how they work for me. Worst case I should be able to use dosbox and madmac/aln anyway so I should be good. Looks like I may have something to keep myself entertained at AC2011 :D

LinkoVitch    0

Oh bum... :)

I doubt I would be anywhere near good enough to contribute anything worthwhile.

Out of morbid curiosity though.. what are the rules regarding such a challenge? Are you allowed to use your own library routines? (say startup code, object list code, joypad reading code)? or do you have to code everything from scratch ?

Zerosquare    10
what are the rules regarding such a challenge? Are you allowed to use your own library routines? (say startup code, object list code, joypad reading code)? or do you have to code everything from scratch ?
The rules are pretty relaxed. You can use whatever supporting code/library you want, including your own of course. Nobody expects anyone to write a complete Jaguar from scratch in 24 hours :D

Fadest    0

Yes, nothing really impressing.

Last year, there was a set of rules, 3 of them were known before the convention (multiplayer game, goal zone, ?), so we could start coding (IIRC, nobody did), last ones (projectile, bonus/malus) were known just before or at the convetion but have been cancelled :poulpe::ninja: or ignored because we had imagined some concepts that did not fit with them :D. That gave Black Hole Jaguar (playable but lacks many things), Dragibug Jaguar (playable) and Baby poulpe Falcon (concept).

2 years ago, the goal was to make a version of Ladybug. That gave A bug's Lynx (playable), Ladybug first alpha (playable, and rewritten after the show in the Ladybug you know), and a Pacman clone on Amiga.

Years before, it was just a challenge on our (mostly my in fact :D) own, first time, if was a challenge to code a jag game (for jag coder coder beginner in 24h) : Dazed. Second attempt, it was a stupid idea in the middle of the night : make a Jag (and Falc and PSX) version of Warlords : Project W.

My personal goal in this challenge is to have some playable, enjoyable is a plus of course. Basically, this is a reminiscence of my young years, when I only had a ST with monochrome monitor : we were used to draw some sprites, code some GFA gameplay, in 2 hours, then play all the evening with a crap game :D

As you can see, this is mostly for fun and for having something to do during night, instead of tying to play some obscure and/or insane games :D

Fadest    0

Hi Linkovitch,

Just to tell you that the theme of the coding challenge of the AC has been revealed : it will be Tetris.

So you can start working on graphs, assets & code if you want.

Specific rules should be known at the beginning of the context if I understood correctly.

LinkoVitch    0

Cheers, I translated the Yaronet post.. I thought it was going to be themed around Tetris but not actually be Tetris?

I am part excited and part dreading ;)

BRING ON AC2011!!! :D

Fadest    0

It is said it will not be the classic Tetris as found on Game Boy.

It could be The Next Tetris, Tetris Gaiden (which is used for RGC contests), Tetrisnoid (in fact, I guess it will not be this one :D) or the silly thing I would like to do :whistling:

LinkoVitch    0

Hmmmm, well I have an idea for something, will mull it over and see :)

Means I need to try coding a cool idea I had for the GPU :D

You could also try the GUI live CD from the Hillsoft website.

However it is not necessarly the most convienent option as you have to reboot your PC from the CD drive everytime you want to use it so that it can load the linux OS and mess about a bit to mount your HD to access your own files so it is not perfect but it should have everything you need.

LinkoVitch    0
You could also try the GUI live CD from the Hillsoft website.

However it is not necessarly the most convienent option as you have to reboot your PC from the CD drive everytime you want to use it so that it can load the linux OS and mess about a bit to mount your HD to access your own files so it is not perfect but it should have everything you need.

Easier solution would be to install VMWare or DOSBOX and run that :)

I no longer need an OSX assembler tho, as I bought myself a shiny new intel laptop so I can code when out and about :) Still have to use dosbox tho as its got a 64bit version of Windows on :/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.