Jagware
Zerosquare

Useful files, tools and links for Jaguar development

SebRmv    2

I can't remember where to find MadMac and ALN source code? Do anyone know that?

SebRmv    2
madMac and ALn source code have never been available.

But you can find an almost compatible assembler/linker version : rmac/rln available here : http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/rmacrln.html

Ok thanks!

What are the (known) differences between these tools and madmac/aln ?

RMAC/RLN mostly work, and when they don't - Shamus fixes them. The originals (and SMAC and SLN) are really, really broken. Especially in GPU areas.

TXG/MNX    0

RMAC/RLN mostly work, and when they don't - Shamus fixes them. The originals (and SMAC and SLN) are really, really broken. Especially in GPU areas.

Is there a manual for RMAC I heard SMAC was more advanced then original MAC so I would like to know what's extra.

Same for RLN

SebRmv    2

Ok, so basically, is it ok to assume that RMAC/RLN are compatible with MadMac/ALN, but have fewer bugs?

(the question is: can I switch to these tools without fearing that some of my old sources won't compile/link/work...)

Ok, so basically, is it ok to assume that RMAC/RLN are compatible with MadMac/ALN, but have fewer bugs?

(the question is: can I switch to these tools without fearing that some of my old sources won't compile/link/work...)

No. Yes. Probably ;)

These days they are pretty stable. however I've hit a few compatibility issues (which Shamus has fixed). It's kind of odd how bugs get found when people actually make stuff. No wonder Subqmod gave up during 'the dark decade' lol.

Zerosquare    10
The originals (and SMAC and SLN) are really, really broken. Especially in GPU areas.
What kind of bugs? I must have been lucky, but I haven't had any problems with Atari's ALN and MAC.

TXG/MNX    0
The originals (and SMAC and SLN) are really, really broken. Especially in GPU areas.
What kind of bugs? I must have been lucky, but I haven't had any problems with Atari's ALN and MAC.

I heard smac was capable to produce better GPU assembler output, but I cannot find changes things added to this assembler any link or document ?

GT Turbo    5
I heard smac was capable to produce better GPU assembler output, but I cannot find changes things added to this assembler any link or document ?

'better GPU output' in assembler ?

GT :poulpexmas:

SebRmv    2

I am not surprised that Mac/Aln are broken. But as you, I must have been lucky because I can't remember having a serious problem with Atari tools.

I am not sure what you define as better, as I recall some of the changes he implement in addition to general bug fixes was to make it easier to run GPU in main. I have not read the full topics but a quick AA search show that the following may provide the information you are looking for

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/136021-de...as-gift-to-all/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/166190-ol...n-vs-smacvlink/

Alternatively Dr Typo may know, as I recall he made some post SubQMod changes/bug fixes to SLN and SMAC

TXG/MNX    0

I am not sure what you define as better, as I recall some of the changes he implement in addition to general bug fixes was to make it easier to run GPU in main. I have not read the full topics but a quick AA search show that the following may provide the information you are looking for

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/136021-de...as-gift-to-all/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/166190-ol...n-vs-smacvlink/

Alternatively Dr Typo may know, as I recall he made some post SubQMod changes/bug fixes to SLN and SMAC

This what I meant indeed.

But is .GPUMAIN addding all you need to allow code run perfectly from main ram ?

Are there other new things, i read something about macro's maybe someone can write a small document what's new in SMAC.

This what I meant indeed.

But is .GPUMAIN addding all you need to allow code run perfectly from main ram ?

I may be wrong and am not sure if I am quoting from the manual or recalling from a JFUK conversation with SubQmod but I believe it checks for and where necessary adds various NOPs required concerning pipelining around Jumps as well as checking/taking care of phrase(?) alignment requirements to make things easier for the programmer.

Presumably you have tried PMing SubQmod at AA.

sh3-rg    6
Presumably you have tried PMing SubQmod at AA.

He sold up and moved on a long time ago (I bought much of his hardware, including a broken skunk and a broken Jag CD). He now plays Battlefield a lot instead apparently.

Saturn    0
On 9/2/2010 at 6:54 PM, Zerosquare said:

Project Tempest
A pretty fast Jaguar emulator, but not very accurate. It is no longer developed. Note : if something doesn't run with Project Tempest 0.95, try the 0.5 version from this page instead : it works better in some cases.

I noticed the link to version 0.5 is down so I uploaded it  here .

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.