Jagware
GT Turbo

Next Release :

GT Turbo    5

Here come a little plan for next Jagware releases :

- Do The Same (We are just waiting for the CD cover and doing the last CD encrypting (I think that will be the first and last Matmook game on CD, next one will be JagCF :) )

- Tapper (By cool guys from Reboot)

- ProjectOne (Another game by Reboot, a nice shoot'em up)

I'm waiting a message, perhaps another release for this year.

2009, a lot of games by the Jagware community :)

GT :poulpe:

P.S. : i have heard about another game yet started by Matmook !! \o/ and a release for 2009 too !! So if you want to play with your Jag, please follow Jagware Channel !!!

Just to clear something up.

We are planning to release Project One in an "episodic form" (remember Wolfenstein, Doom on the PC?)

This means that once we are happy with a level, and have the intro sequence and other generic stuff done, it'll be immediatly playable for everyone.

Why? Two reasons.

1) We can get feedback and tweak the levels as they are ready. Some may be too hard, others too easy, or there may be logic bugs or some such. This will allow us to deliver a much better final package to everyone. Your input will be taken into consideration.

and

2) To prove we are not talking hot air and vapourware. Developing 4 full levels will take a long time (we're not kidding ourselves here, content is way harder to make than code) and we want you guys to know we're actually moving forward.

I can't put a timeframe on a release for level 1 yet, but I'd hope it will be within 2 months or so. We're all doing this in our spare time, just hang in there :)

Pocket    0

It's an interesting way to release the game.

Don't you fear to have too much feedback each time and beeing unable to meet every expectation ?

Guest promethea   
Guest promethea

Don't you fear to have too much feedback each time and beeing unable to meet every expectation ?

I'm not holding my breath for feedback (I almost never receive any!), but if we get good and feasible ideas, we'll think about how to implement them!

And anyway, releasing it in this format we get to say "Previously.... On Project One...." :)

Not really. As long as it lives up to our expectations, all is good :)

But as Promethea said, if suggestions are good enough and can be implemented, who knows?

Doctor Clu    0

I like the episodic idea. And if anything like Wolfenstein, I'm there.

(Just make it where the blade weapon is selectable. That pissed me off in the Jaguar version how you could not select the blade for stealth attacks.)

ovalbugmann    0

Great! I think releasing one level of Project One at a time is a good way to get changes implemented that will make the game better for playing, as the feedback will come directly from the players once the first level and intro are released.

You can't please everybody all the time, but you can change what the majority feel is necessary and most logical for improving playability. Some suggestions may not be implemented because they may go against the vision of the game the developers have, after all this is being done for Reboot's enjoyment not the fans, although it is a BIG plus to us Jagfans. :D

The shooter style genre is one of the most poular in video gaming history and I am sure this will be a very fun, enjoyable, interesting, and very playable game. You guys are putting a lot of work into this and it is appreciated by the people that know about it's developement and are awaiting it's arrival. Of course you do it for your own enjoyment but for non-coders - just players like myself it is a big bonus to have new stuff on such an old Atari system.

SebRmv    2

Thanks for the kind words guys. We worked hard on the game and are very proud of it, and hope all those who actually play it as a game enjoy it.

We all need a looooong break now. Recent events have left a sour taste in our mouths, it'll take a while for it all to wash out. Both Project One and Tapper are officially cancelled.

The source code release WILL still go ahead. We promised you a free game WITH source code, and we WILL deliver it. Please, be patient with us on this one tho, as said above we need a break. I should be able to get the source code for the pause game "Bad Moodies!" online for everyone shortly though. There's enough in there for anyone to pick up and run with.

Fadest    0

I'm really sorry to hear that demotivation (let's stay politically correct, also my englick vocabulary lacks certains expression I guess :D) has won.

I hope you will enjoy your next adventure, whatever it will be, and who knows..., once you have been bitten by the Jag, you can't live forever away of it :D

I should add unfortunately, concerning certain guys :roll:

nonner242    0
Thanks for the kind words guys. We worked hard on the game and are very proud of it, and hope all those who actually play it as a game enjoy it.

We all need a looooong break now. Recent events have left a sour taste in our mouths, it'll take a while for it all to wash out. Both Project One and Tapper are officially cancelled.

The source code release WILL still go ahead. We promised you a free game WITH source code, and we WILL deliver it. Please, be patient with us on this one tho, as said above we need a break. I should be able to get the source code for the pause game "Bad Moodies!" online for everyone shortly though. There's enough in there for anyone to pick up and run with.

This is sad news...Makes me feel like nobady likes use jaggys....

I guess I should just get rid of it since everyone that does any programming leave it.

I wish I did programming for the Jag instead of game art and music the more your on me the more I put out just to prove you wrong...lol

Thanks for the great demo tho,to bad it will never reach it full potential..my fav type of oldskool games...shooters!

One day...I will see a shooter game released like this...one day

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.