Jagware
Starcat

Cd Encryption Via Skunkboard

Tursi    0

I don't have a JagCD, but if you want to send me what you have, I will look and see if I can see anything obvious.

But the nature of the CD chipset is that either the JagCD /or/ the cartridge is mapped into the Jag's memory. If you can see the CD BIOS, then you can't see the Skunkboard. :)

I know the write that changes from CD to cartridge, but I have to admit I don't know how to switch back. I will study the JagCD BIOS, I think I saw it in there for certain things.

SebRmv    2

Here is the current state of my source files (this does not work).

cden16.tar.gz

ggn    1

Hi,

Just wanted to drop a quick note that after a furious 2 day thriller starring me and sh3, we managed to get it to work 100% :). To test it, we created an encrypted CD image using the key the skunkboard sent to the PC and it's working!

I'll clean up the source code and release it asap!

SebRmv    2

Excellent news! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

We have just succesfully booted the first few CDs created using ULS. All your CD-Creation woes are now over.

More info to follow shortly.

Not bad for 2 coders who don't even own Toilets, eh? :)

ggn    1
We have just succesfully booted the first few CDs created using ULS. All your CD-Creation woes are now over.

More info to follow shortly.

Not bad for 2 coders who don't even own Toilets, eh? :)

And, to follow up, the CD image generator seems rock solid and is only waiting for testing before release :)

belboz    0

Would still like to see the skunkboard CD encryption program/code released. While the ULS sounds nice, I still like being able to encrypt my own CD.

sh3-rg    6
Would still like to see the skunkboard CD encryption program/code released. While the ULS sounds nice, I still like being able to encrypt my own CD.

Hello belboz, GGN was out all day today so I've added it to the Reboot website (click 'Projects'). I don't have the code, just the .abs so I'd suggest you PM GGN for that or wait until I catch him & update the archive on the site. If you plan on porting it to other platforms or attempt to speed it up (you'll see :P ) let us know how you get on.

belboz    0

No rush. I will check it out when he posts the source. I don't encrypt many JagCD's anymore, but would be willing to port it to Linux/OS X if people want. Course if you guys are handling that, even better.

No rush. I will check it out when he posts the source. I don't encrypt many JagCD's anymore, but would be willing to port it to Linux/OS X if people want. Course if you guys are handling that, even better.

We won't be releasing the ULS source code, only the builder application. ULS Pro will most likely ship with a relocatable binary for 'incbin'ing into your applications which will contain all the functions.

ggn    1

Hi there,

I'll be updating the archive in a short while with the full source (most of it is not mine to keep anyway :)). Port it to linux/OSX? My version of the encrypter doesn't use anything machine specific, as long as jcp supports the -c switch, it all should work flawlessly...

[EDIT]It's up

sh3-rg    6
Hi there,

I'll be updating the archive in a short while with the full source (most of it is not mine to keep anyway :)). Port it to linux/OSX? My version of the encrypter doesn't use anything machine specific, as long as jcp supports the -c switch, it all should work flawlessly...

[EDIT]It's up

Ah of course, that's what happens when a gfxer posts late-night messages ;) JCP doesn't do anything it hasn't already done before, my bad ;)

belboz    0

I wasn't referring to the ULS stuff. Not interested in that. I would rather encrypt my own CD knowing exactly what is on it, my own splash, etc.

I was talking about the skunboard encryption code fix.

We won't be releasing the ULS source code, only the builder application. ULS Pro will most likely ship with a relocatable binary for 'incbin'ing into your applications which will contain all the functions.

belboz    0

The link seems to be to the original archive still, no source. Unless I am missing something.

Hi there,

It's up

ggn    1
The link seems to be to the original archive still, no source. Unless I am missing something.

Well, I'm pretty sure I tested the pages before I posted, but it seems my changes didn't register????

Try now please

sh3-rg    6
Its there now!

Yes, but how long until I break it again when editing minor stuff here & there? Yes, I hold my hands up, I broke it & put an old version up when I added the favicon :P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.