Jagware
swapd0

Bjl And Mac

swapd0    0

Hi, my PC died somedays ago and i'm thinking in buying a Mac Mini (or Mini Mac :unsure: ), just because i always hated PC and windows vista is comming...

Someone have tried to upload something to the jaguar with a mac? or with a PC but ussing some USB -> Parallel converter.

I remember the catnip project (usb to jaguar), it's working, finished, canceled...?

regards

swap d0

Zerosquare    10
Someone have tried to upload something to the jaguar with a mac? or with a PC but ussing some USB -> Parallel converter.
If I remember well, Macs never had a parallel ports, so you can't use the normal BJL cable with them. USB-to-parallel adapters definitely don't work for BJL. PCI parallel-port cards work (at last with Windows), but I don't know if the Mac mini has PCI slots and if there are drivers.

I remember the catnip project (usb to jaguar), it's working, finished, canceled...?
It's basically working, not 100% finished, but usable. I even ported the code to run on Macs (a friend lent me his Macbook for a few days) and it seemed to work fine.

I'm now working on the JagCF, so the project has been "paused", especially since it's not useful if you already have a JagCF. But if you really don't have another solution and if we can find time (not easy ;)), maybe SCPCD and I can build one for you.

swapd0    0

You are right, the Macs never had a parallel port, and i'm almost sure that the mini mac don't have a internal pci slot (not enought space)

JagCF looks great, but i think that the catnip project is a must for modern computers if you can't buy a JagCF.

Anyway first I must but the computer...

belboz    0

If Tursi does a run of any more skunkboards you should get one of those.

They are USB based and work with Windows/Mac/Linux great. Gives you a better alternative to BJL for RAM based downloads, and also has 4MB of Flash ROM on it for testing ROM code.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.