Jagware
Orion_

Jagcd Encryption Using Bjl Cable Only

Orion_    1

Hello there !

I just got a JagCD from someone and the first think I tried to do was trying to encrypt a CD using the BJL version of Matthias Domin Encryption program.

But this need a serial cable that you plug in the dsp port and this need a jaglink, and I don't have this hardware.

So I tried to save some money and soldering pain, and used the "mini debugger" source of Zerosquare that allowed me to dump the Jaguar memory to a file on my PC. I then patched the program of matthias to disable uart and xmodem transfer, as well as joypad reading that was disturbing BJL transfer, and added the BJL transfer routines from Zerosquare instead of the uart/xmodem routines.

and here is the result, a really easy to use "one-double-click-encryption" pack

which allow you to encrypt a cd using your jagcd and the BJL only just by double clicking on a batch file that does the job for you.

I would like to thanks Zerosquare and Matthias Domin for their great job that allowed me to do this pack.

Enjoy !

JagCD.zip

ps: This works only with a parallel port at $378, on XP or 98

ovalbugmann    0

Great work Orion_, I will have to try it out! Thanks!

SebRmv    2
Hello there !

I just got a JagCD from someone and the first think I tried to do was trying to encrypt a CD using the BJL version of Matthias Domin Encryption program.

But this need a serial cable that you plug in the dsp port and this need a jaglink, and I don't have this hardware.

So I tried to save some money and soldering pain, and used the "mini debugger" source of Zerosquare that allowed me to dump the Jaguar memory to a file on my PC. I then patched the program of matthias to disable uart and xmodem transfer, as well as joypad reading that was disturbing BJL transfer, and added the BJL transfer routines from Zerosquare instead of the uart/xmodem routines.

and here is the result, a really easy to use "one-double-click-encryption" pack

which allow you to encrypt a cd using your jagcd and the BJL only just by double clicking on a batch file that does the job for you.

I would like to thanks Zerosquare and Matthias Domin for their great job that allowed me to do this pack.

Enjoy !

JagCD.zip

ps: This works only with a parallel port at $378, on XP or 98

Great job!

And what about a linux version :D?

Orion_    1

I don't have linux nor any idea of how to port the zerosquare's routines on linux ^^

it seems that it doesn't work on win98, does any one can test it and tell me if it's working for him ? (on xp or 98 ?)

because if the pack only work on my computer, that's a bit useless :/

SebRmv    2
I don't have linux nor any idea of how to port the zerosquare's routines on linux ^^

it seems that it doesn't work on win98, does any one can test it and tell me if it's working for him ? (on xp or 98 ?)

because if the pack only work on my computer, that's a bit useless :/

Maybe I can try to hack it myself.

I guess an ATARI version would be cool also.

Zerosquare    10

Well, the BJL loader and the communication routines work under Win98, since I've developed them on it. :)

Maybe there's something in your code that isn't compatible, but I can't see why.

About the Linux port : the last version of my BJL uploader already supports Linux ;)

The communication routines do not yet, but they're pretty quick to port, I'll do it when I have a bit of free time.

An Atari port is a bit more work but this is doable too.

Orion_    1

I screwed the code a bit so ... ^^

(forgot to mention that this was a quick hack, not serious release)

maybe I can send it to you and have a look at it ?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.