Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
MegaData

Virtual Teams

MegaData    0

If anyone here is interested in working on Native source in an online team fashion for the Atari Jaguar, please get back to me. I am trying to find enough interest to create a team and this is an open invitation to anyone interested.

Also, I would like to know any input on how to set up a "Virtual Team," if anyone has experience... knows of websites with examples... what worked and what did not? I've been reading up on the subject and have some ideas how to go about it, but it's always good to know what other people are thinking too.

Matthias    0

Hello MegaData!

Also, I would like to know any input on how to set up a "Virtual Team," if anyone has experience... knows of websites with examples... what worked and what did not? I've been reading up on the subject and have some ideas how to go about it, but it's always good to know what other people are thinking too.

Depending on the number of team-members and their type of jobs in the project you should

consider to use a Concurrent Versions System (CVS) to share the project-files (sources, data-files),

and a simple mailing-list can be sufficient to hold the contact between the team-members (and helps to archive the correspondence). A Yahoogroup can also be used to some degree (can handle mail-traffic and store files).

Best regards

Matthias

GT Turbo    5
If anyone here is interested in working on Native source in an online team fashion for the Atari Jaguar, please get back to me. I am trying to find enough interest to create a team and this is an open invitation to anyone interested.

Hi,

I'm interrested by working on, but at this time i can't work on because i'm working on 5 projects.....

On Jagware for working on projects, we use 'private room'. That means private forum, where only allowed people can see and post on and like Matthias has said using CVS can help too.

GT :)

MegaData    0
Hi,

I'm interrested by working on, but at this time i can't work on because i'm working on 5 projects.....

On Jagware for working on projects, we use 'private room'. That means private forum, where only allowed people can see and post on and like Matthias has said using CVS can help too.

5 projects must keep you busy! Would you be available in the near future for any small amount of time, or could you let me know when you are able to contribute?

At the moment, I don't think CVS is necessary, being the only coder. That may change when a team is assembled. :)

GT Turbo    5
5 projects must keep you busy!

Yes a lot !! (But one is STE only, one for all Atari computers and three (I forgot one), 4 are Jag games)

Would you be available in the near future for any small amount of time, or could you let me know when you are able to contribute?

At the moment, I don't think CVS is necessary, being the only coder. That may change when a team is assembled. :)

When one project will be finished, i will start another one, the next one finished, we can work together on Native if you want ;)

Hello MegaData!

Depending on the number of team-members and their type of jobs in the project you should

consider to use a Concurrent Versions System (CVS) to share the project-files (sources, data-files),

and a simple mailing-list can be sufficient to hold the contact between the team-members (and helps to archive the correspondence). A Yahoogroup can also be used to some degree (can handle mail-traffic and store files).

Best regards

Matthias

Personally I'd go for subversion and I think both systems are provided by sourceforge where Native Spirit page is.

Both are available on SF.net and neither has been used at this time.

Has anyone used CVS and Subversion? I'd be interested in examples of what someone liked for one over the other...

If you are using Windows than both have very cool client: TortoiseCVS and TortoiseSVN. SVN treats code line like tokens while CVS can operate only on whole lines. Also commit operation works differently in CVS and SVN. Basically SVN is newer solution. Take a look at project homepage:

http://subversion.tigris.org/

MegaData    0

If the software keeps track of changes, couldn't someone simply run one of these programs on the downloads? Why should I use either of them to create another download? I'm not sure I really understand the purpose. Would there be any difference in me using the software than someone else? (Currently no one else has made any code changes.)

Rev002 went online January 1, 2008... in case anyone missed it.

MegaData    0

NATIVE SPIRIT Rev003 download in ZIP format has been made available May 24th, 2009.

=======

CHANGES

=======

MERCURY, VENUS, EARTH, & MARS updated model scale, detail, & axis tilt

Updated TITLE splash screen for REV003 graphics

Updated SCOREBOARD continue for REV003 graphics

Removed original enemies for temporary starship model

PYROTECH uses new explosion for ASTEROIDS

MTYPEJKD, STYPEJKD, & CTYPEJKD Asteroids added

TR2 & TR3 original PYROTECH debris removed

TEILBAR pop-up extinguished

QUAGAAR 3 / HANGER 18 CRYOCHAMBER added

Added working JUPITER (small top level problem)

SATURN image size continues to be troublesome… RYLOS placeholder remains

Changed introduction credits and reformatted screen width/centering

Enemies placed in more dead space.

Nine month revision timeline has been broken.

Approximately 9 images per update remains.

Native Spirit Forums also remain private.

http://nativespirit.sf.net

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this