Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Matthias

Cd Encryption Tool On Cd!

Matthias    0

Hello all,

so far you had to have either an Alpine board or a similar cable-based upload-solution to be able start the CD-encryption tool, now i have added another option: Just use your Jaguar-CD-player!

This week i have modified my RAM-based version CDEN16.ABS of the CD-encryption tool in a way which allows it to run from CD, as soon it is started it will ask you to open the lid of the Jaguar-CD-player and to insert the desired un-encrypted CD it should process for you (the result of the encryption-process will be send to your PC via a serial connection, see my CD-encryption-tutorial for details).

You can find CDRecord-tracks as well as CD-Images for DiscJuggler and Nero of this "CD-encryption-CD" in the "Tools"/"CD creating" section of my Jaguar-site.

Kind regards

Matthias

actually I beleive this to be nice work man =)

Though last time I looked at encryption i ended up trying to get the encryption src (version unknown?) to compile, since I never saw the "true" atari dev kit program available somewhere, ie one that use the alpine setup. Having an alpine thats the code i'd prefer to use (not to mix up to meny dev env's). and afaik you always released bjl versions? ....do you have a working alpine version? (then i'd be verry interested =)

but as before as a last resort I always have your bjl prgs as a way out =) ...and now i have, yet another, (better?!) tool to do it =) thanx

/Sym

Matthias    0

Hello!

actually I beleive this to be nice work man =)

Though last time I looked at encryption i ended up trying to get the encryption src (version unknown?) to compile, since I never saw the "true" atari dev kit program available somewhere, ie one that use the alpine setup. Having an alpine thats the code i'd prefer to use (not to mix up to meny dev env's). and afaik you always released bjl versions? ....do you have a working alpine version? (then i'd be verry interested =)

but as before as a last resort I always have your bjl prgs as a way out =) ...and now i have, yet another, (better?!) tool to do it =) thanx

/Sym

My work is based on the stuff Curt Vendel had released in the end of 2003, you should be able to download the sources for the cartidge- and CD-encryption programs from his website. Also all those "Alpine-developers" out there should be able to provide you with the encryption-executables

and descriptions how to use them, i am not the right person for this.

Bye!

Matthias

SebRmv    2

Yes, very nice work!

Actually, I used your BJL version succesfully with my Alpine

but I have to look at Curt site because I guess it is easier to use wdb to get back the key.

Cheers

GT Turbo    5

Very great work as always from Germany ;)

Keep up the good work Matthias !!

GT :poulpe:

Matthias    0

Hello!

Actually, I used your BJL version succesfully with my Alpine

but I have to look at Curt site because I guess it is easier to use wdb to get back the key.

I am not an experienced Alpine-user, but here is how i have

understood the CD-encryption-process when using the Alpine:

You should have at least these files:

CDEN.DB

CDENCR.DB

CDENCR.TXT

CDENCR.DTA

CDENCR.SYM

PRIVATECD.KEY

Put in the un-encrypted CD into the Jaguar-CD-player

and then use one of the Alpine-tools to upload and

run CDEN.DB, this debugging-script will call

another script called CDENCR.DB which uploads

the CD-encryption-tool (CDENCR.TXT, CDENCRY.DTA

and CDENCR.SYM) into the Jaguar/Alpine and starts it.

The CDENCR-tool then asks for the PRIVATECD.KEY-file

which is uploaded by the still running CDEN.DB-script.

Then the encryption-process is done and the results

will be saved to 2 files:

HASHTAB.CD will hold the calculated HASH-table and

CDREPORT.TXT is the CD's TOC (needed only if you later

run the CD-verification-tool AFAIK).

Please adjust the file-paths in both scripts CDEN.DB and

CDENCR.DB before you use them!

Also note that HASHTAB.CD will only contain the quite

small calculated HASH-table, while my improved program

adds the proper CD-track-wrapper around the HASH-data.

Hope this helps

Matthias

hmm.. anyone feel up for the task of making an "alpine version"?

...I would like to have such a working environment. since I dont want to mix dev env to much.

Last time i tried this i ended up partially re-wrighting some version of this code from the HQ cd.. doing this n that and the finally compiling version chewed on my test CD for hours.. then program crashed, Dooh! =)

I admit it, Im ashamed of not having encryption working yet... =) ...but I always felt that "I always have Domins BJL version" =) ...

Ahh well... now i have a cd version aswell :) odds are getting better n better every day :P

cheers

hmmm.. just looked at the cd encryption files from curts page http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/cons...enu/jagmenu.htm

and from what you say it sounds pritty much straight forward... I need to test this... thanx for the wakeupcall Matthias =P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this