Jagware
SebRmv

The Removers'library Is Back

SebRmv    2

I have finally released a first version of the library I am working on since several months. It includes some new functionnalities and lots of improvements compared to the first library I released in last june. The interfacing of your code (either C or ASM) with it should be easier now.

You can download it there:

http://removers.free.fr/softs/download.php?lang=en

It is released under the LGPL. In particular, you can link freely your own code with the library but if you improve my library then you should redistribute the source code under at least the LGPL terms.

In addition, you can find also tiny C library for use with the cross gcc compiler available on the download page indicated above.

I have also written a little article in french about my working environment here:

http://removers.atari.org/spip/

I intend to write some other articles and distribute some examples to show how to use all this.

Enjoy!

Seb

SebRmv    2

And here comes an example of use...

http://removers.atari.org/softs/download.php

SebRmv    2

A quick word to say I have just released an update of my library.

The main change is the removal of Sinister routine and addition of my own sound manager and replay routine. It should work with any Protracker modules 4/6/8 voices (or else, drop me a mail @ Jagware.org!)

Cheers!

GT Turbo    5

Nobody and nothing can stop the Removers !! ;)

The Atari god is with you Seb !!! Continue like this !!

GT :)

SebRmv    2

In case you are not aware, I have just released a new update (minor changes to the sound driver) and have written an example of use.

(beware that emulators might be too slow to correctly play the music)

ovalbugmann    0

Thank You Seb & Stabylo for supporting the Atari Jaguar! You guys have done a wonderful job with all your Jaguar demos, they look great! :) are of high quality, which make them fun to run on the Jag. I am a computer hardware guy and don't know too much about Jaguar software programming, but with all the stuff for download on your "The Removers" website, I am finding it quite helpful in learning to code software. Much Thanks & keep up the good work guys, we need more people like you guys in the Atari Jaguar community. ;)

Cheers :)

SebRmv    2
Thank You Seb & Stabylo for supporting the Atari Jaguar! You guys have done a wonderful job with all your Jaguar demos, they look great! :) are of high quality, which make them fun to run on the Jag. I am a computer hardware guy and don't know too much about Jaguar software programming, but with all the stuff for download on your "The Removers" website, I am finding it quite helpful in learning to code software. Much Thanks & keep up the good work guys, we need more people like you guys in the Atari Jaguar community. ;)

thanks for your support hey :)

unfortunately, we have not much time to spare on the Jaguar by now but I hope we will release other things in the future.

I just had a quick look at your library documentation. It could be possible to use it as a SDL backend for Jaguar, if we

add some missing stuff required (maybe some libc functions for example, or specific video or audio related tasks).

Even if the first versions would be for m68k and debugging, audio and video drivers for SDL could use GPU and DSP for fast work.

Disclaimer: it does not mean I will work on it now :), just wanted to say that SDL for Jaguar is doable.

SebRmv    2
I just had a quick look at your library documentation. It could be possible to use it as a SDL backend for Jaguar, if we

add some missing stuff required (maybe some libc functions for example, or specific video or audio related tasks).

Even if the first versions would be for m68k and debugging, audio and video drivers for SDL could use GPU and DSP for fast work.

Disclaimer: it does not mean I will work on it now :), just wanted to say that SDL for Jaguar is doable.

Good news then if you think we can use my library to port SDL...

The big question is "who will do it?" and "when?" ;)

I hope I will have some more time in a few months

SebRmv    2

Just to announce a major update of the Jaguar C library and the Removers library.

As I am a lazy guy, go read the details there:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1520793

or (in french)

http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?s=91336&p=3

the removal of Sinister routine and addition of my own sound manager and replay routine. It should work with any Protracker modules 4/6/8 voices

Cheers!

Finally!... Seb you are the Man! =) *wiping happy tears*

SebRmv    2

Hi everybody,

it is my pleasure to announce the immediate release of the Removers library 1.3.0 (as well as Jaguar C library 1.2.7).

The new version of the Removers library includes a freshly remade sound manager (a.k.a. Paula emulator), which is able to play 8 stereo voices at a replay frequency of 46 kHz.

I am particularly proud of the new design of this Paula emulator, and I hope it will solve the major issues (I think especially to bus contention) you may have encountered with the previous sound manager I did a long time ago now.

The only bad news about the new sound manager is that it fills (almost) entirely the DSP RAM so that the DSP is now devoted to sound generation.

I also added a new example (example15) which shows usage of the new sound manager. The good news is that its API is the same as the previous sound manager, so that you only need to change the linked object file: use now paula.o instead of sound.o.

This example includes a piece of assembly code which illustrates how to replay an Amiga module.

I hope you will enjoy this new release.

I would like to thank LinkoVitch who, with his work, gave me the motivation to rewrite entirely my sound engine ! I am very happy to have finally achieved this project I wanted to do since more than 2 years !

Do not hesitate to ask me questions, if you have any. On this thread, by PM or by email.

C U at http://removers.free.fr/softs/download.php !

Seb

edit: I also released binary distribs...

SebRmv    2

Here it is: http://removers.free.fr/softs/archives/example15.cof (this the COF corresponding to the C code)

By the way, I realized I didn't even changed the text of example15 (which is simply example4 recompiled with the new sound manager!): so just fixed that also! Oh, and oops, the display is not centered... sorry too lazy to fix that :D

edit: the red bar corresponds to the mod replay routine (which is still 68k code), not the Paula emulator resampling time! You probably guessed that 46 kHz is almost the limit of the new sound manager. (for 4 voices, I tested up to 52 kHz, but it can clearly still go higher... unfortunately DSP RAM is too small!)

GT Turbo    5

Do you wanna sound on your Jaguar ? Just select one player :) Now you've got the choices !!

One by Linkovitch (U 235) and the other by SebRmv (Removers) :yes:

Thanks to you 2 !!

GT :)

SebRmv    2

Wow, that is strange. Are you talking about the cof file I linked?

Have you tried to raise the volume of your TV?

sh3-rg    6

I have the same problem, no sfx at start, but mod plays fine & sounds great.

EDIT: It's there, just very quiet.

SebRmv    2

I have the same problem, no sfx at start, but mod plays fine & sounds great.

EDIT: It's there, just very quiet.

Ok. That's what I expected. Try to change the balance of the voice with the joypad.

Maybe the way I handle balance of voice is not right.

SebRmv    2

Hello,

just fixed the way balance is computed and released the new version.

I think it is now what should be expected.

I also updated the cof file corresponding to example15, if you wish to retry.

By the way, I didn't mention that compared to my previous sound manager, volume scale is now logarithmic, not linear as it was before.

The same also applies now for balance. A balance of 8 corresponds to a centered voice, 16 means right only, 0 means left only.

Enjoy!

SebRmv    2

Just uploaded a new improved version of the sound engine. Removers'lib 1.3.2 available right now!

ggn    1
Just uploaded a new improved version of the sound engine. Removers'lib 1.3.2 available right now!

Seb, the home page says that it was last updated in 2004 - maybe you need to fix this? :)

Also, great stuff!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.