Jagware
Orion_

A Very Little Intro

Orion_    1

bon je fait come back avec cette toute petite intro, pour tester mon gestionnaire de sprite, tout en 68000 pas du tout optimisé et sans restauration de liste etc... donc y'a largement de quoi faire mieux, mais c'etait un premier test ;)

un écran "leonard like" avec 100 sprites + le background et un petit mod oldschool (estraik) :)

pour ceux qui ne peuvent pas tester sur jaguar, ça fonctionne sur l'emulateur Project Tempest :)

english

I'm coming back with this very little intro to test my first sprite manager, 100% 68000 code absolutly not optimised, without OP list restoration, etc... so I can do a lot better, but that was just my first little test ;)

a "leonard like" screen with 100 sprites + the background picture, and a little oldschool mod (estraik) :)

Enjoy !

thanks to GT Turbo for the picture ! because I don't have a jaguar anymore, so that was coded on the Project Tempest emulator !

post-1-1146887794_thumb.jpg

(The red thing is not present on the intro inside the zip file, this is how much time my routine actually take in VBL)

GT Turbo    5

Nice little intro, but you must know something, this kind of screen was firstly seen in the Sowatt Demo, by the great TCB (The Carebears) ;)

:poulpe:

Zerosquare    10

Nice oldschool stuff, Orion_ :yes:

When running it on my Jag, the top half of the first (or last) ball is not drawn (see the attached picture) ; is it a bug ?

EDIT : In PT 0.95, all balls are displayed properly.

sprite.jpg

Nice demo Orion! =) ..I always liked those "SplineY-balls" =) (perhapps its not splines but trigonometry based?, but anyway)

Any luck on finding that other half of the ball? =)

keep up the good work!

regards

/Sym

ovalbugmann    0

Hello!, I would like try Orion_'s sprite.zip demo on my BJL setup. But the file is no longer on the server, and says "error file not found on this server" when I try to download. Does anyone know what happened to it? Or can someone repost it, because from the picture it looks cool. B)

Thanks in advance for any help :),

ovalbugmann

Zerosquare    10
Hello!, I would like try Orion_'s sprite.zip demo on my BJL setup. But the file is no longer on the server, and says "error file not found on this server" when I try to download. Does anyone know what happened to it? Or can someone repost it, because from the picture it looks cool. B)
Orion_'s website got hacked some time ago and all the files on it were deleted.

Here's the file : SPRITE.zip

ovalbugmann    0

Great! - Thanks Zero. :) - will try this soon.

@ thank you, Orion_, for making this little demo and posting it so others can run it on the Jaguar and not just look at screenshots. B)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.