Jagware
Saturn

JiFFI as SkunkBoard GUI

Saturn    0

Hi,

when I open JiFFI to load a file to the Skunk, I hit the Source File button at the top, navigate to the file and select it. Then, hit the Send to Jaguar via Skunkboard button. A message pops up, "Please note that flashing a ROM will permanently erase your Skunkboard's bank. Press Yes only if you're SURE you understand this!"

Not sure I fully understand. If the sequence I posted to load a file is correct, I should be able to proceed without frying anything, right? The urgency of the message makes it sound like I'm going to wipe the Skunk and render it useless or something.

ggn    1
Hi,

when I open JiFFI to load a file to the Skunk, I hit the Source File button at the top, navigate to the file and select it. Then, hit the Send to Jaguar via Skunkboard button. A message pops up, "Please note that flashing a ROM will permanently erase your Skunkboard's bank. Press Yes only if you're SURE you understand this!"

Not sure I fully understand. If the sequence I posted to load a file is correct, I should be able to proceed without frying anything, right? The urgency of the message makes it sound like I'm going to wipe the Skunk and render it useless or something.

The message simply means that it will upload the file as a ROM file. This means that it will overwrite whatever's written in the flash chip, which means one could lose work - see it as a "are you sure you want to flash your skunkboard?". Anyway, that was included as courtesy, no harm done to the skunkboard whatsoever :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.