Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Saturn

Virtual Jaguar

Saturn    0

Hi, does anyone know if the VJ will ever include a 'Donate' button? I see that in other systems' emus and think it's great as sending over some $ on occasion to help support the support is always worth the investment imo. Plus, if it helps further the progress of this incredible endeavor, I'm all for it.

This emu is the bomb. It's saving (me, anyway) a lot of time and trouble being able to load up and play at work on my laptop.

Been checking the latest builds here but they're few and far between. Not that I'm complaining at all, quite the opposite. Trying to promote :)

Saturn    0

Thanks for the info. Clicked the Bitcoin address link and got this message:

The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (bitcoin) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

I've put researching Bitcoin on my to-do list but just from a quick search it looks a little complicated & risky :0

Going to see what I can find out :)

Shamus    0

@CJ: Bug reports are awesome! :D Your bug reports have been a major part of the reason that VJ's accuracy has gone up. ;)

@Saturn: BTC isn't all that complicated, especially if you use something like Coinbase to buy it. ;) I would embed a link to a merchant account with them (like the Humble Bundle guys do), but I really don't want to get in bed with 'em. :P

Updates on VJ have been slow, mainly because of, uh, shall we say, real life challenges. :P All that's holding up a real release now is finishing up the controller configuration, and I can do it the way I want now by switching to SDL2 (hotplug support--w00t!)--which will require a slight rewrite, but nothing too hairy. Just need to get time/motivation to do it. :)

Saturn    0
I got a question aswell too are there any new updates for VJ because my Brett Hull Hockey rom doesn't work on it ! ;)

Wow! B) B)

Updates on VJ have been slow, mainly because of, uh, shall we say, real life challenges. :P All that's holding up a real release now is finishing up the controller configuration, and I can do it the way I want now by switching to SDL2 (hotplug support--w00t!)--which will require a slight rewrite, but nothing too hairy. Just need to get time/motivation to do it. :)

That's great news :) I hope you're able to find the time but thanks for all you've done and the info :)

sh3-rg    6
Just a quick note, I haven't been able to get Towers 2 to run properly. Is there a trick or any special settings for this one?

Think talking about ROMs of commercially available games, even if they are your own legal backups or whatever, is just the wrong side of the line it's best not to even approach.

Maybe it shouldn't be but, you know, dramaz etc.

As for VJ, I don't think the current aim is to get it running this, that or the other particular ROM, more about getting the emulation tighter which in turn makes more software compatible. Jagulator was more targeted to that kind of patch/hack/botch-per-game style of emulation, but that's much less useful as a development tool for obvious reasons and Jagware is all about dat dev shit ;-)

Saturn    0

My bad, sh3-rg. I must have misread here and here that it was abandoned and not available any more, respectively. Wasn't sure about the line that could be crossed in general, though.
I'm more interested in taking screenshots of the 12 maps for a file I've put together, using vj or another emu (vs the shaky, off angled pics I took of the tv screen with my phone) but certainly don't want to cause trouble. :ph34r:

If anyone knows where (or how) I can get those map pics please pm me B)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this