Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Czarnowski

Looking for old JSII members

Dear friends,

If you are old JSII member than this might be interested for you... if not than probably you can skip it.

Like many of you I find JSII closing down to be a huge loss for Atari Jaguar community. My registration number on JSII was 49 and before JSII I remember JS and other even older forums and mail lists. I do understand and fully support Jay decision to close down JSII, especially when I’ve found out about the background of the whole situation. In this place and moment I would like to thank Jay Smith for creating JSII and keeping with all of us for such a long time. THANK YOU JAY!

JSII has been unique place that will always have a place in my heart. However missing JSII and not being able to even browse the forums any longer has left me as other JSII member without great place we all loved and had great fun. As a true Jag fan, although one who did not have time for it recently (which turns out to be a good thing after all since I’ve skipped all that nonsense drama), I can’t just agree that there will not be a place like JSII any longer. Therefore I’ve created Jaguar64.eu forums – I’ve been hosting this domain for number of years already trying to put it into good use and I think finally it is high time to exploit it. I don’t want to do it alone, but with all of Jag fans and members of JSII who are now scattered around different forums and communities.

JSII members: I give you http://jaguar64.eu forums and I would like to see our JSII community to unite again under new name. I honestly invite you all there! Let’s stop crying over what is done and move forward to not blew away what Jay build for us for years.

Jaguar64.eu besides small number of forums comes already with few exciting features:

* Email boxes from @jaguar64.eu – if you like to have this address there is already a poll about it. Current hosting options allow me to do it so why not take advantage of it.

* Jaguar64.eu on github – yes, we have a github account already starting to be populated. Please help us with it but also if you have a great Jag project and you are looking for an option to host it, this is the place to do it hopefully. If you are new to git don’t worry, Jagdev forum contains all the instructions you will need.

Also if you feel we need another wiki there is a poll going on over the forum and it can be setup with just few clicks.

Since I want Jaguar64.eu to be community effort run by true and real Jag fans I’m sure there are plenty of other options and opportunities we can exploit. Just let me know about your ideas!

I’m sorry for this long post – in short: if you are missing JSII and looking for a new place that could be a JSII replacement in a not very distant future please give a chance to Jagaur64.eu. Together we can rebuild JSII community!

Best Regards

In the months leading up to its closure the quantity of posts on JSII had dwindled to the point where only weekly visits were necessary and even then most (in my opinion) were not worth reading. JSII was a good place to be when I first joined it, however I think its time had come to an end.

I wish you all the best with you venture however I personally cannot see any point in recreating what was at the end and is therefore likely to continue to be (if only attracting old JSII members) a low traffic forum especially when you consider that...

a ) most if not all JSII members were also/may now be members at AA which receives much more traffic (even if some of it is rot) and

b ) you can find low volume (generally because it tends to be of a more technical than general nature) both here and at AP if that is what you are seeking.

Instead of doing a forum and since all Jaguar-related Facebook pages are essentially dead, I've created one based around the idea of keeping it current and regularly updated with interesting tidbits. Naturally this is no where or by any means a replacement for JSII and it's really only good for news but I would think Jagware would be the ideal place for Jaguar people to go for topics and such not. At least, it makes sense in my head.

Anyway, for those who have facebook and are interested: www.facebook.com/AtariJaguar64

All the best! :D

GT Turbo    5
I would think Jagware would be the ideal place for Jaguar people to go for topics and such not.

At the beginning Jagware was born for helping developers on this 'special' machine ;). You can get technical infos on software and hardware, space for storing files, private forums, etc...

All people are welcome for talking about Jaguar, but i just warn people who wants for make 'flammewars' and attacks on others are not welcome, else no problem.

Stay cool, stay Atari

GT :poulpexmas:

Instead of doing a forum and since all Jaguar-related Facebook pages are essentially dead, I've created one based around the idea of keeping it current and regularly updated with interesting tidbits. Naturally this is no where or by any means a replacement for JSII and it's really only good for news but I would think Jagware would be the ideal place for Jaguar people to go for topics and such not. At least, it makes sense in my head.

Anyway, for those who have facebook and are interested: www.facebook.com/AtariJaguar64

Unfortunately, the biggest reason for the split in the community has also found your page, aka Kizzy Kieren 'cut n paste' make up shit and cause trouble bullshit the Liard Hawken.

I wish you all the best tho.

racerx    0

Member 212 (I think) here.

Not sure we'll ever be able to recreate JSII. For all its flaws, there was a lot archived there that will be hard to recompile in one place. I'm also a relatively long AA member and just signed up here. Between the two, I'd like to think that will just about cover my Jag needs.

Saturn    0

Hi, I don't know the circumstances of JSII closing. Just know it happened the day after I signed back on after a fairly long absence.

It would irreplaceable in my opinion but I'm just glad so many forums are around that surround the Jaguar. And I'm glad to be here :)

Hello,

I don't remember my member # now but, I was on JS and JS-II too,Alex. I'll check your site out as well. :) I was PSP509 on JS-II.

Sad about JS-II going away here as I've been busy and been had not been on in months until trying it the other day..... GONE. WOW!!! I was

really shocked by that. Jay said, he would NEVER shut JS-II down,too. It was his promise to me and all of us on it. Truly sad.

Good Luck

Chris

I'll look, Clint.Thanks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this