Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Zerosquare

GPU/DSP compiler(s)?

Zerosquare    10

I don't use C on the Jaguar so I don't remember it is widely known or not, but I found one (or two ?) GPU/DSP compiler(s) while looking in old stuff tonight.

The first archive is from Roine Steinberg's Jaguar Server page. There's not much info on it:

http://home1.swipnet.se/%7Ew-11410/js/jagcc.zip

The second archive is from the Favard brothers' web site. It contains a lot of stuff, including what appears to be Atari's port of GCC targeting the 68K, GPU and DSP:

http://laurent68k.free.fr/Site/Jaguar_files/JagOSFavard.zip

(take a look at "Official Jaguar Kit\Docs\Gcc.txt")

Zerosquare    10
Virustotal (a meta-virus scanner that checks files using several dozens of commercial antivirus engines) tells me that both the site and the file itself are clean. So it's probably a false positive. Use another browser ;)

TXG/MNX    0
Virustotal (a meta-virus scanner that checks files using several dozens of commercial antivirus engines) tells me that both the site and the file itself are clean. So it's probably a false positive. Use another browser ;)

Nice find, this Atari GCC version 2.6 seems to be something I haven't seen before.

Any chance someone can make an example program in C that would make use of 68K, GPU and DSP ?

I did compare both directory's seems the file sizes are different from both releases. What I remember from long ago was that I was reading the compiler from the jagcc archive was not that good but maybe the other version in the other archive works better, because it seems the full GCC is in there...

So something to investigate :-)

post-36-1398280734_thumb.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this