New Jaguar graphics convertor (Windows)

LinkoVitch

Just finished fixing up a couple of outstanding bugs in a graphics converter tool I started writing a couple of years ago. Just taken a while for me to bother fixing it :) It's by no means complete (or bug free I imagine) and I have a few features to add in and de-kink yet. But Ithought I'd put it out here and get some initial early feedback from it.

It uses ImageMagicK to allow it to read pretty much ALL file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF etc etc), and supports Jag formats down as low as 1bit images and up to 16 bit images (dont' think I have added 32bit yet :) )

Anyway, enough waffle, I need my sleep. You can get the file from here: http://www.u-235.co.uk/gfxconv/gfxconv-0.02.zip

With a very very small changelog here: http://www.u-235.co.uk/gfxconv/changelog-0.02.txt

Please don't host these files anywhere else, by all means link to these files.

Thanks

Can't start it in windows mode on my computer : CORE_RL_wand_.dll is missing

That is a library from ImageMagicK.. have you installed the ImageMagicK libraries? if so which version?

well .. I don't really understand why using a tool if you need to download 20Mbytes of DLL first...

Use lodepng for png loading, or bmp is easy to read.

For me 20MB isn't much, especially in this day and age. My small (by today's standards) HDD is 160GB, the OS takes several GB of that, so, for me at least 20MB is nothing. I just wanted something that with very little effort can load any image format, rather than just the ones I could think of. Also it gives me access to a variety of filters and image processing methods too, so I can add those as well if I wish.

I wrote this tool for myself primarily part as a need, part because I wanted to play with C++, I decided to release it because I find it useful, and others who have seen it have expressed an interest. It may not be for everyone, but the more options available I am sure you can agree is better than fewer choices.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.