Jagware
Sign in to follow this  
Gunstar

Slam Racer

I just saw a video on Youtube of Slam Racer, that looks like a much more complete and playable version than the demo of it I had years ago. is there anywhere to download the version I saw on Youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVkCGRkuAM...;feature=relmfu

I have this build and also I think a later one (and many previous ones too!) however they belong to Gordon so ultimately he would be the one to give you a yes or no for a download. you could contact him via his website. Next time I chat to him I will all him about it.

Gunstar    0
I just saw a video on Youtube of Slam Racer, that looks like a much more complete and playable version than the demo of it I had years ago. is there anywhere to download the version I saw on Youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVkCGRkuAM...;feature=relmfu

I have this build and also I think a later one (and many previous ones too!) however they belong to Gordon so ultimately he would be the one to give you a yes or no for a download. you could contact him via his website. Next time I chat to him I will all him about it.

Thanks, I just thought he'd alreasy released it publicly years ago. JS2 even has one of the builds on their downloads, I just don't know if it's the real early one I had before, or not. but I thought it was worth a CDR burn with jiffy to find out.

Thanks again.

Hopefully Gorden will just see this thread and reply here.

Thanks, I just thought he'd alreasy released it publicly years ago. JS2 even has one of the builds on their downloads, I just don't know if it's the real early one I had before, or not. but I thought it was worth a CDR burn with jiffy to find out.

Thanks again.

It wont be a CDR burn, any version that 'complete' will be a ROM. I'm pretty sure Gordon won't read this thread, though. He's not too interested in the Jaguar any more.

Gunstar    0

Thanks again.

It wont be a CDR burn, any version that 'complete' will be a ROM. I'm pretty sure Gordon won't read this thread, though. He's not too interested in the Jaguar any more.

Well, at this point CDR is my only option, so it doesn't matter anyway. It's not that big a deal to me.

Well, at this point CDR is my only option, so it doesn't matter anyway. It's not that big a deal to me.

There is always VirtualJaguar. It's come on a long way in the last year or so. So much so, i use it pretty much all the time for development now.

Gunstar    0

There is always VirtualJaguar. It's come on a long way in the last year or so. So much so, i use it pretty much all the time for development now.

It doesn't matter to me if it's perfect, I hate playing console games on a PC keyboard and I don't have a PC controller becuase I don't play PC games. So for better or worse, I don't use emulators on PC's. I used to have a couple of emulators on the Dreamcast I played around with, but that's it. If I was a programmer I would probably use them for development, but I'm not...

Gunstar    0

I should have remembered that. Now that it's been mentioned, I do remember playing slam racer from the Painter CD years ago, I totally forgot.

My Painter CD was sold years back when I sold my first Jaguar system&collection. I'll have to pick up another copy off e-bay or something.

Thanks! Thank's Gordon!

Gunstar    0

I found the slam racer intro and one-car, one-track demo. It seems to be the same as what I remember from Painter, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. In this video, it says it's a version with four cars and multiple tracks, at least on the menu, it still loks like only one track though, in the rest of the video. Was this the version hidden in Painter? Or is this completely unreleased? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OAkoQNmVo

sh3-rg    6
Should ask Gordon to release that old version of Painter for free now.

Is there a NEW version of painter? Besides the BJL demo rom and CD release?

yeah there have been various cart releases by OMF & Gaztee I think, I think some people used the ST level designer to boost the levels it has (although it's so damn hard I'm not sure how many people will have seen them).

Gunstar    0
I found the slam racer intro and one-car, one-track demo. It seems to be the same as what I remember from Painter, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. In this video, it says it's a version with four cars and multiple tracks, at least on the menu, it still loks like only one track though, in the rest of the video. Was this the version hidden in Painter? Or is this completely unreleased? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OAkoQNmVo

bump

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this